Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lesson 91: Procrastinating...Again

If you are waaaaay behind on a certain household chore, invite over your nephews.

Mom's everywhere will disagree, but this actually, truly does work for me! I suffer from sever procrastination and so on a normal day when Deci goes down to sleep all I do is sit and relax watching TV or reading. But on Wednesdays we have two nephews over; which means I have four kids instead of my normal two. And these kids don't nap well in the same bedroom together, so in our tiny apartment one goes in each room, one in the living room and Elora in her swing in the kitchen. (If we have any more kids they'll be sleeping in the only room left, the bathroom!) But now I have to be extra careful not to wake them because of course that will wake the rest of them. So I can't watch TV, and the only couch in the apartment is taken up by a sleeper so reading won't work so well either. Which leaves me laundry and dishes. The banes of my existence. Suddenly all the clothes in our house are folded and the dishes are clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment